1toGo's Cloud information and communications technology services help you to:
Improve your communications and collaboration with internal employees, external partners, customers and prospects
Improve your business processes
Reduce your business risks
Cloud Services for Small Businesses
1toGo's Web hosting and Cloud unified communications services make it easy for customers to do business with Esther's small business while our offsite data storage allows her to sleep peacefully at night...
Cloud Services for Smartphone / Tablet Users
1toGo turns Rahul's mobile device into his secure mobile communications & collaboration hub while giving him secure access to the information on his office computers wherever he has an Internet connection...
Cloud Services for Communities and Fan Bases
1toGo makes it easy for Amadou's direct selling organization to collaborate with its agents in the field, while allowing him and his neighbourhood watch members to keep a remote eye on their homes...
Cloud Services for Medium Businesses
As a senior line manager, Ahmed appreciates the speed at which we can provision & scale Cloud services to the company's branches & employees wherever they are - thus helping him achieve margin & ROI while reducing technology spend...
Cloud Services for Expatriates and Frequent Travellers
Emma travels regularly. 1toGo makes it easy for her to work productively and stay in touch with colleagues, family and friends while saving her roaming fees...
Who We Are
1toGo is an associate of Zwana Unicom, Distributor for Sub Saharan Africa and South Asia for CommuniGate Systems, the leader in carrier grade unified communications solutions.
If you have any queries, please contact us for more information.
3. How do we collect personal information from you?
4. What personal information do we collect about you?
5. Why do we collect information about you?
6. Under which circumstances do we share your personal information?
7. How do we store the data that we have obtained?
8. For how long do we store your data?
9. How do we dispose of consumer data?
10. Trans-border information flows
11. Why do we make use of European based data centers?
12. Accessing the information we have about you
13. About 1toGo
1. Introduction 1toGo is committed to ensuring the privacy of its clients and ensuring that their Personal Information is used appropriately and in accordance with applicable laws. Given that 1toGo is a South African company providing services from European and South African based data centres, these laws include:
The EU Data Protection Directive (Directive 95/46/EC)
The proposed EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
South Africa's Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI, Act No. 4 of 2013)
This document explains how we deal with personal information we collect from you.
By subscribing to and using our services, interacting with us via our website or otherwise communicating with us constitutes your acceptance of this Policy and your agreeing to our using your personal information in accordance with this Policy and subsequent amendments hereto.
The latest version of this Policy is available on our website and supersedes and replaces all previous versions of this Policy.
2. What is personal information? Personal information is any information which identifies a natural (living) person or a juristic person such as a company.
3. How do we collect personal information from you? We collect personal information from you when you
Subscribe to our services
Contact us via our website www.1togo.net or social media sites
Communicate with us via any other methods.
4. What personal information do we collect about you? The information we might collect about you includes:
Your email or social media addresses
Your employer or business name
Your home or business address
Your phone number
Your correspondence with us
We keep the amount of personal information we collect about you to the minimum required. Please note that we don't collect any financial information about you when you subscribe to any of our services since we use reputable third party payment gateways. We also don't intentionally collect any personal information about children or minors under the age of eighteen years nor do we collect information on your religious or philosophical beliefs, race or ethnic origin, political opinions, health etc. (so called 'Special Personal Information' in terms of South Africa's POPI Act).
5. Why do we collect information about you? We collect information about you in order to:
Set up and manage your account
Provide you with the services to which you have subscribed
Invoice you for such services
Undertake other administrative processes
Reply to any communication or correspondence you have initiated with us
Improve existing services or develop new services that may be of interest to you
Contact you about any of our other services unless you have elected not to receive such communications from us
Information we collect from you will not be used for any other purpose.
6. Under which circumstances do we share your personal information? Where required, we share identifying information of yours with:
Third party service providers that provide services to you on our behalf
Governmental authorities where we are required to do so
Our employees on a 'need to know' basis in order to provide you with the services to which you have subscribed
We will only share your information with such parties if they are subject to the same applicable laws as we are and have undertaken to treat your personal information with the same degree of privacy as outlined in this Policy. We do not sell your personal (identifying) information to third party marketing organisations. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy policies of third party organisations whose websites you visit from links on our website and their use of your information.
7. How do we store the data that we have obtained? Our services are provided from world class data centers that are secured with:
Physical and electronic access control
24/7 camera monitoring of entrances and server rooms
All information you submit to us is encrypted and stored behind firewalls. Regular backups are made of this information and these are held offsite by a third party Cloud data backup provider. Please note that in the interest of security, none of your personal information is stored onsite on our computers, backup drives etc.
8. For how long do we store your data? We store your data for as long as you are an active customer of ours. Should you terminate your services with us, you can ask us to remove your information immediately. Alternatively, your information will be removed 6 months after you last used our services or had any interaction with us.
9. How do we dispose of consumer data? Any information in an electronic format is deleted when no longer required.
Any information which is in a paper format is shredded.
10. Trans-border information flows 1toGo provides services out of European and South African based data centers. Data protection laws in the EU require that personal information that is processed in the EU may only be transferred between countries whose data protection laws provide for a similar level of protection to that offered by EU law. South Africa's POPI Act has similar requirements for personal information that is processed in South Africa. Given that South Africa's POPI Act is modelled on European data protection laws, your personal information enjoys similar levels of protection in Europe and South Africa.
11. Why do we make use of European based data centers? Although EU and South African legislation provides your personal information with similar levels of protection, infrastructure and bandwidth costs are lower in Europe than in South Africa. By making use of European based data centers, we are able to price our services more competitively than we would be able to do if we just used South African based data centers.
12. Accessing the information we have about you We provide you with an online self-service portal (https://clientportal.1togo.net) so that you can update and view the information we have on record about you and our interactions with you as a client. If you're not a client of ours, please contact us on email@example.com if you wish to know what information if any we have about you on our systems and if you wish to update or have us remove this information.
13. About 1toGo 1toGo is a provider of Cloud information and communications technology (ICT) services.
Name of Business: 1toGo ICT Services (Pty) Ltd
Information Officer: Nigel Sinclair Thomson
Physical Address: 21 Riverpark Village
Postal Address: P O Box 1388
Telephone +27 10 591 0010
Manual prepared in accordance with the terms of Section 51 of South Africa's Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000
2. About 1toGo
3. Section 51 (1)(a) - Contact Information
4. Section 51 (1)(b) - Section 10 Guide on how to use the Act
5. Section 52(2) - Voluntary Disclosure
6. Section 51 (1)(d) - Records available in terms of other legislation
7. Section 51 (1)(e) - Access to records held by 1toGo
8. Procedure for requesting records
10. Section 51 (1)(f) - Other information as may be prescribed
11. Section 51 (3) - Availability of the manual
1. Introduction This Manual is published in terms of Section 51 of South Africa's Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2000 (Act No. 2 of 2000) ("the Act"). The Act gives effect to the provisions of Section 32 of the Constitution, which provides for the right of access to information held by the State and to information held by another person that is required for the exercise and/or protection of any right. The reference to any information in addition to that specifically required in terms of Section 51 of the Act does not create any right or entitlement (contractual or otherwise) to receive such information, other than in terms of the Act.
2. About 1toGo 1toGo is a provider of Cloud information and communications technology (ICT) services.
3. Section 51 (1)(a) - Contact Information Name of Business: 1toGo ICT Services (Pty) Ltd
Information Officer: Nigel Sinclair Thomson
Physical Address: 21 Riverpark Village
Postal Address: P O Box 1388
Telephone: +27 10 591 0010
4. Section 51 (1)(b) - Section 10 Guide on how to use the Act 1.1. The ACT grants a requester access to records of a private body, if the record is required for the exercise or protection of any rights. If a public body lodges a request, the public body must be acting in the public interest.
1.2. Requests in terms of the ACT shall be made in accordance with the prescribed procedures, at the rates provided. The forms and tariff are dealt with in paragraphs 6 and 7 of the
1.3. Requesters are referred to the Guide in terms of Section 10 which has been compiled by the South African Human Rights Commission, which will contain information for the purposes of exercising Constitutional Rights. The Guide is available from the SAHRC. The contact details of the Commission are:
Postal Address: Private Bag X2700
Telephone: +27 11 877 3600
Fax: +27 11 403 0625
5. Section 52(2) - Voluntary Disclosure 1toGo has not published a notice in terms of Section 52(2) of the Act. It should however be noted that information relating to 1toGo and its services is freely available on 1toGo's website. Certain other information relating to 1toGo is also made available on such website from time to time. Further information in the form of marketing brochures, advertising material and other public communication is made available from time to time.
6. Section 51 (1)(d) - Records available in terms of other legislation Information is available in terms of the following legislation, if and where applicable, which includes but is not limited to:
Companies Act No. 61 of 1973
Employment Equity Act No. 55 of 1998
Income Tax Act No. 58 of 1962
Labour Relations Act No. 66 of 1995
Promotion of Access to Information Act No. 2 of 2000
Unemployment Insurance Act No. 63 of 2001
7. Section 51 (1)(e) - Access to records held by 1toGo 1toGo maintains records on the following categories and subject matters. However, please note that recording a category or subject matter in this Manual does not imply that a request for access to such records would be honoured. All requests for access will be evaluated on a case by case basis in accordance with the provisions of the Act.
Sales and marketing
Statutory Company records
Minutes of meetings
8. Procedure for requesting records The requester must use the prescribed form (Form C) to make the request.
The request must be addressed to the Information Officer of 1toGo.
The request must be made using the postal address or electronic mail address of 1toGo.
The requester must properly detail their request on the form so that the Information Officer of 1toGo can properly identify the record and the requester.
The requester must indicate the form of access that is required.
The requester must also indicate if any other manner is to be used to inform the requester stating the particulars of such manner.
The requester must identify the right that is to be exercised or protected and provide an explanation of why the requested record is required for the exercise or protection of that right.
Where a request is made on behalf of a third party, the requester must submit proof of the capacity in which the requester is making the request to the satisfaction of the Information Officer of 1toGo.
9. Fees A requester who seeks access to records containing personal information on that requester is not required to pay a fee. All other requests must pay the require request fees.
The Information Officer of 1toGo will notify the requester of the requirement to pay the prescribed fee (if any) before further processing the request.
The fee that must be paid to 1toGo is ZAR 50. The requester may lodge an application to the court against the payment of the required fee.
After the Information Officer of 1toGo has made a decision on the request, the requester must be notified in the required form
If the request is granted then a further access fee may be payable for the search, retrieval, reproduction and preparation of the record that has been requested as well as any time in
excess of the prescribed hours to do so.
Photocopies, printed pages: The fee for a copy of the manual is ZAR 1.10 for every A4-size page or part thereof.
The fee for every photocopy of an A4-size page or part thereof is ZAR 1.10.
The fee for every printed copy of an A4-size page or part thereof for any record held on computer, electronically or in machine-readable format is ZAR 0.75
Electronically stored and machine readable formats: The fee for a copy of any electronic record shall be ZAR 70 per compact disc required to provide that data.
Visual images and records: The fee for the transcription of visual images is ZAR 40 per A4-size page or part thereof.
The fee for the reproduction of any visual images is ZAR 60.
Audio records: The fee for the transcription of audio records is ZAR 60 per A4-size page or part thereof.
The fee for the reproduction of any audio record is ZAR 30.
Retrieval of record: The rate per hour or part thereof to search for and prepare the record which is request for disclosure is ZAR 30.
Postage: Postage costs for the distribution of the requested record will only be payable when said record must be posted to the requester.
10. Section 51 (1)(f) - Other information as may be prescribed The Minister of Justice and Constitutional Development has not made any regulations in this regard.
11. Section 51 (3) - Availability of the manual A copy of this Manual is available on our website (www.1togo.net) or by sending a request for a copy to the Information Officer by email. The Manual may also be obtained from our offices and the South African Human Rights Commission ("SAHRC") at the addresses set out above.
This End User License Agreement ("Agreement") is by and between 1toGo ICT Services (Pty) Ltd ("1toGo"), a private company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa, and you, your heirs, assigns, agents, employees and contractors ("You"). This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions of Your use of 1toGo's Cloud based communication and collaboration services as described on the 1toGo website ("The Services").
The Services are provided to You under the terms and conditions of this Agreement. This Agreement comprises the entire agreement between You and 1toGo and supersedes all prior agreements between ourselves. By using the Services You acknowledge that You have read, understand and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement, along with any new, different or additional terms, conditions or policies which 1toGo may establish from time to time. The most recent Agreement is available for viewing at www.1togo.net/tos.pdf.
By agreeing to these Terms of Service, You agree to the following:
1. 1toGo's services may only be used for lawful purposes and use of the Services for objectionable activities or activities that violate the laws of South Africa or the laws of Your country is prohibited. This may include activities that are associated with unsolicited email or SPAM, activities that are obscene, libellous, threatening or harassing, activities designed to encourage unlawful behaviour by others or activities that are in any way a violation of intellectual property laws.
2. 1toGo explicitly reserves the right to terminate Your license if You use the Services for such objectionable activities. 1toGo further reserves the right to terminate Your license if Your use of the Services results in or is the subject of legal action or threatened legal action against 1toGo or any of its affiliates or partners. The decision to terminate Your license shall be done solely by 1toGo, and in so doing, 1toGo shall not be required to consider the merits of legal action or whether the threatened legal action will materialise.
3. You shall not interfere with another user's use and enjoyment of the Services.
4. You will provide certain current, complete, and accurate information about Yourself as requested to do so by 1toGo. You further agree to maintain and update this information as necessary in order to keep it current, complete and accurate. If any information provided by You is incomplete or inaccurate, we retain the right to terminate Your use of the Services.
5. You consent to receiving electronic communications from 1toGo of changes to these Terms of Service, or of any material changes affecting Your services. You further agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications sent by 1toGo satisfy any legal requirements, including but not limited to, the requirements that such communications should be "in writing". It is Your responsibility to keep 1toGo notified of any changes to Your contact information to assure timely receipt of all such notices from 1toGo. Notwithstanding the contents of this clause, You acknowledge 1toGo's right to revise these Terms of Service without prior notice to You.
6. 1toGo provides You with these services as is and without warranty of any kind either express or implied. In no event shall 1toGo or its licensors be liable for any loss of profits, loss of business, loss of data, unsecured transactions, interruption of business or for indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages of any kind. You agree to indemnify and hold 1toGo and its licensors, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees, harmless from any claim, liabilities, losses, costs, damages, expenses, demands, causes of action, or judgments directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to Your use of the Services or Software made by any third party due to or arising out of Your use of this Service or the violation of this Agreement.
7. It is Your sole responsibility to satisfy Yourself prior to entering into this Agreement that 1toGo's services will meet Your and Your users' individual requirements and be compatible with Your and Your user's hardware and/or software.
8. We reserve the right to revise any product offerings or pricing at any time.
9. In connection with our provision of the Services, we may allow You to use certain software which is owned by 1toGo or its third party licensors, providers and suppliers, and which may be provided free or for a fee (the "Software"). We reserve the right to update or change the Software from time to time and You agree to cooperate in performing such steps as may be necessary to install any updates or upgrades to the Software. You may use the Software only as part of or for use with the Services and for no other purpose. The Software may be accompanied by an end user license agreement from 1toGo or a third party. Your use of the Software is governed by the terms of that license agreement and by this Agreement, where applicable. You may not install or use any Software that is accompanied by or includes an end user license agreement unless You first agree to the terms and conditions of the end user license agreement.
10. In order for us to fulfil and exceed our obligations to You under this Agreement as well as to price our services competitively, 1toGo offers its Services 'in the Cloud' from data centres in Europe and South Africa. By using our services You confirm that You are permitted to transfer data between Your home country and Europe / South Africa[i]. By using our services You also consent to the transfer, storage and processing of Your data in Europe and South Africa.
11. 1toGo may disclose to third parties certain aggregate information contained in Your Registration Data or related data, provided that, such information will NOT include personally identifying information, except as specifically authorised by You or in the good faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
12. Once You are a registered user of the Services, You shall receive a password and an account. You are entirely responsible if You do not maintain the confidentiality of Your password and account. Furthermore, You are entirely responsible for any and all activities which occur under Your account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of Your account or any other breach of security known to You.
13. 1toGo's services are provided on a prepaid basis. You agree that if You have any queries concerning our accounts, You will submit these to us in writing within four days of receipt of invoice. In the event that Your account becomes past due, 1toGo may in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate the Service upon seven (7) days notice to You. This notice will be sent via email to the email address last notified by You according to our records.
14. Unless specifically noted otherwise for the services to which You have subscribed, You are free to cancel Your service at any time. If You decide to cancel such service for any reason, You must notify us in writing. We will verify Your identity and cancel the service within one business day. Termination, by either party does not release You of any past or current fees owed for Services rendered through the date of termination.
15. We may, at our sole discretion, immediately terminate Your Services should Your conduct fail to conform with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
16. While we will assist clients who have bought customer premise equipment such as IP phones, routers, gateways etc. elsewhere where possible, 1toGo is not liable for the setting up and resolution of operational issues of such CPE without charge.
17. 1toGo reserves the right to accept or decline applications from customers, resellers and referrers without providing reasons for its decision.
18. No relaxation or indulgence which 1toGo may grant You with regard to the compliance of any of Your obligations in terms of this agreement, shall prejudice or constitute a waiver of any of 1toGo's rights in terms of this agreement or otherwise.
19. If any provision of these Terms of Service should, for any reason, be held invalid or unenforceable in any respect, the remainder of these Terms of Service shall be enforced to the full extent permitted by law. A court of competent jurisdiction is hereby empowered to modify the invalid or unenforceable provision to make it valid and enforceable.
20. By using the Services, You consent to South African law and the jurisdiction of the Magistrate's court (notwithstanding that the amount in issue may exceed the limits of such jurisdiction) governing any action which may arise in respect of Your use of the Services.
[i]Data protection laws in the EU require that data that is processed in the EU may only be transferred between countries whose data protection laws provide for a similar level of protection to that offered by EU law. South Africa's POPI Act has similar requirements for data that is processed in South Africa. Given that South Africa's POPI Act is modelled on European data protection laws, your personal information enjoys similar levels of protection in Europe and South Africa.